Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hello, Hello.

Hey there, World Wide Expanse. I'm impressed that pretty much anyone can get published these days. Sort of.

I've been intending to make my debut into to world of blogging for a little while now, for a couple of reasons. One is that I think I'd get a little kick out of it if anyone actually bothered to read what I have to write. And secondly because I'm an terrible record-keeper, which I'd really like to remedy. My experience of motherhood has been that my days are a flurry of activity around my two girls, following which I collapse exhausted into bed each night. I'm generally aware of all the things going on in my life and what efforts I need to muster in order to keep the boat afloat; yet as I look back on previous weeks, months and years, its all a bit of a blur. So I think I should probably chronicle our whirlwind of events, activities and adventures so that after the dust settles I'll be able to look back thinking more than just "wow, what just happened?"

My current status in life is that I'm a stay-at-home Mum of two girls - Chloë, who turns four next month (much to her excitement) and Zayla, who has just turned two. This is them:







My wonderful husband Nathan is a teacher, and we've been married for just over five years.




 Just this past year we moved into our first house, which we built, so we're busy working on getting that established. I also study at uni part-time, which commitment functions primarily to keep me connected with the rest of the adult world. And we're also Latter-Day Saints, which is probably the best and most involved part or my life. So there's a lot going on for us, but it's an enjoyable existence and I can't think of anything I'd trade.






3 comments:

  1. Hello Karlie,
    Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Jillina and I was a friend of your husband about 10 years ago. I cant believe I'm that old now haha. I actually used to be in your ward and went to the MTC with Nathan. Anyways congratulations on your new blog. I did blogging for a while and found a fun thing to do. Incidently I have the same wallpaper as you for one of my blogs. :) You have a lovely family and I hope to meet your girls. Your story about the chaos made me smile. I have four littlies now and my day is similar to yours. I have all my kids at home with my oldest son starting school next year. I know you will enjoy blogging, its helps you realise that even though motherhood can feel like ground hog day in relfection its a colourful blessed life.
    Jillina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jillina,
    I'm sure I recognise you from some of Nate's old photos. Wow 4 at home - you have my deepest respect! Thanks for the encouragement, fingers crossed the blog works out for me. I enjoy reading other people's experiences, so I thought "why not?"
    You're right about motherhood - as overwhelming as it is, it's the most deeply satisfying experience I can imagine. Good luck with your little ones!
    - Karlie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world Karli! IT will be nice to read about your family adventures. I have a blog too but it's private. I'd be happy to let you read it if you want to send me your email address. Just message it to me on FB or something (only if you want though of course ;-)

    ReplyDelete