Thursday, October 13, 2011

V.I.P.

I’m the kind of woman who travels with an entourage. Not a large one, but a dedicated one nevertheless. Wherever I go, my devotees follow – whether I go shopping, to the cinema or simply to the bathroom. They are my biggest fans, my harshest critics, and some of the most heartfelt people I know.

It can sometimes be quite the challenge to be so highly sought after and admired, as mine is certainly different from the typical lifestyle. I can’t just walk out the door and into the public eye on a whim, nor can I circumvent the unwelcome attention that my (literally) screaming fans regularly generate. It’s often a delicate balance between being adequately prepared to handle the commotion associated with public outings, and keeping out of the general population when possible.

But despite the challenges associated with my loyal following, I know that their presence suggest that mine has been a truly blessed life. Not all women have the opportunity to be the subject of such unwavering admiration or to hold such a significant role in the life of another. I know that the very fact that they are watching my every move places me in a position to be a major influence in their lives.

So I try to take the time to get to know my followers, to give the people what they want. But in truth, time spent with my fans is equally for my own benefit; they are my inspiration. They are the reason I get up every day and keep doing what I do. They have made me who I am today. And if I ever win any awards, I will dedicate them to these beautiful people who have been my true support.

 Shame, really, that there's no academy awards for motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment